- While placement in levels is determined mainly by age, we reserve the right to place or move dancers into appropriate levels if deemed necessary by the faculty.
- All students are expected to have excellent attendance arriving 10 minutes before class start time.
- All students are required to attend technical and dress rehearsals in order to perform in the year end show.
- Participation in the year end show is mandatory.
- Proper attire and grooming is expected and essential.
- Only water bottles are permitted in studios during class. All other food and drinks are restricted to the waiting area.
- Shoreline Dance Academy reserves the right to cancel classes that do not meet minimum enrolment requirements. We will always do our best to find an alternative placement.
- Shoreline Dance Academy reserves the right to cancel classes for reasons of ferry cancelation/extreme weather. Classes that are cancelled can not be rescheduled for the 2018/19 year.
- Classes missed by students are non-refundable and cannot be made-up.
- Shoreline Dance Academy reserves the right to substitute instructors if necessary.
- Students with accounts more than 30 days in arrears will not be permitted to participate in classes until fees are paid.
- Any accounts 30 days overdue or more will incur a 10% finance charge.
- Costumes will not be handed out until paid in full. Costume fees are non-refundable after October 1.
- Costumes may incur additional charges over the initial deposit. These fees are the responsibility of the parent and costumes will not be handed out until paid in full.
- DanceBug (recital recording) and registration fee all due upon initial enrolment via Etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Withdrawals/Refunds: Withdrawal from a class between September 1st and prior to May 1st for a subsequent refund requires four weeks written notice or a doctor’s note. No refunds on examination fees, festival fees, registration fees or costume fees.
- Parents are not permitted to view weekly classes. An annual open house will give parents and family the opportunity to watch their dancers.
- Cellular devices are not permitted in the studios during class time.
- Any harassment/bullying/persistent inappropriate behaviour by either parent/family or student could result in disciplinary action or expulsion.
- Any damage to the building or the property within caused by negligence, rowdy behaviour, or otherwise will be the financial responsibility of the client.
- Students must be picked up in a timely manner. The studio is not responsible for students left 15 minutes after a class has finished.
- Shoreline Dance Academy is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please keep any valuables at home.
- Respect, responsibility, and kindness are how we do things!
Shoreline Dance Academy is always hear to listen and inform.
All information pertaining to classes, competitions, recitals, rehearsals, etc. will be sent via email. We encourage you to check your email on a regular basis to stay informed and up to date. Please make sure we have your updated email information and that you are receiving our emails. If you do not receive our emails please come by the front desk to inform us.
At Shoreline we dress to impress.
Please be sure to read through our dress code and try to purchase all required elements by the beginning of classes in September. All students must have the proper attire by Sept 17/2018. Proper attire is a crucial element of dance and allows the student a sense of pride and professionalism. Please be aware that no street shoes are to be worn past the front entrance and that the lobby is for sock feet only.
Pick Up & Drop Off Policy
Your child’s safety is of the utmost importance to us.
All students must be picked up a maximum of 15 minutes after a class has finished; Shoreline Dance Academy is not responsible for students left at the studio after 15 minutes, as all of our staff must leave to catch the ferry at the end of the evening. Any students under the age of 14 are not allowed to leave the building without being accompanied by an adult. If you want your child to have permission to leave the studio for breaks or otherwise please come by the front desk to inform us.
Payment Policy & Portal
Our easy to use portal system through Studio Director let’s you keep up to date on classes and your payments and receipts.
Logging in to the parent portal system keeps you informed on tuition, balances and receipts.
Don’t have portal access? Please come to the front desk and we will set one up for you.
Dance is just like having a job and job’s require responsibility.
Regular, punctual attendance is imperative for all students. If your child is going to miss a class it is expected that the studio will receive a call or email in advance of the absence. In the case of illness, unless a dancer is extremely contagious, has a high fever, or is vomiting, the child is expected to watch the class or mark the movements. Our instructors need time to plan classes and choreography, so these regulations help keep things running smoothly.